Kenmuir Church - Images and Photographs
Church Trips and other Activities
Only a limited number of images are available as yet for Kenmuir Mount Vernon church
If you do have any images from trips, events, communions, etc
please email these to the webmaster@CarmyleKenmuir.org.uk
The building of Kenmuir church was completed in 1883 and officially dedicated to the worship of God in that year.
Exterior view of Kenmuir Church in Summer
Exterior view of Kenmuir Church in Winter
Church of Scotland 'Burning Bush' Logo
Our Emblem was made by prisoners at HMP Shotts. The bush was made in the metal workshop and the
art department painted the flames. We are very grateful for this kind donation.
The wording refers to the Book of Exodus in the Bible when Moses encountered the burning bush.
No matter how much it burned, it was never consumed by the flames.
The Latin used in the emblem created by George Mossman roughly translates into:
Nec: it was not; tamen: however; consumebatur: it was not consumed.
The emblem also echoes the teachings of 16th century Reformer and preacher John Calvin who saw
the burning bush as representative of the people of God: the Church which suffers in any age or
place but against which not even the gates of Hell can prevail.
Kenmuir Church Pulpit showing CofS Logo
This Burning Bush
emblem was installed and decicated to the Glory of God at
the morning service in Kenmuir Mount Vernon church on Sunday 18th September 2016.
Interior view of Kenmuir Church showing pulpit and organ
This circular Stained Glass window is North facing in the shape of a Rose. Below the circular window
are the pipes of the pipe organ and below that the magnificent and extremely roomy pulpit. From here a
succession of faithful biblical ministers have preached evangelical expository Sermons to souls hungering after
the Gospel of Jesus Christ..
Kenmuir Church - 3 South facing tall lancet stained glass windows
These windows represent the Sermon on the Mount, with illustrations of the Beatitudes.
These were made in 1904 in memory of John Miller of Greenoakhill.
Above the three lancet windows there is a circular Stained Glass window inscribed
"I have not come to destroy but to fulfill"
Kenmuir Church - The Communion Table
The Lord's Supper is dispensed from this Communion Table 4 times a year. It is NOT
. The altar was necessary in the Old Testament as this was the place of
sacrifice, but in the Reformed Tradition, when Jesus Christ died on the cross at Calvary,
this was the final sacrifice, never to be repeated. Instead Jesus instituted the
sacrament of the Last Supper (or Communion) at a table, and instructed His followers to
remember Him by the breaking of bread and drinking of wine as a sign of the breaking of His
body and shedding of His blood for the forgiveness of sins for those that accept Him as their
personal Lord and Saviour..
< Web Site
< Home Page
< Carmyle Images
< Site Map